Happy New Year, friends! 2014 was a great year, and I’m excited for 2015.
I accomplished exactly zero of my December goals. But I’m currently full of optimism for the new year and what I can accomplish. Here’s a smattering of goals in no particular order:
- Read 50 new books this year. I tried this year last and fell just shy- I read 41. I’ve got a “to read” list that’s about 40 books long; unfortunately, my local library doesn’t offer any of them as e-books, so I’ll either have to spend money, find different books, or take myself to the library to check out hard copies.
- Ride 4 times per week. This is generally pretty doable if I get myself out of bed at 5 AM or so. All the riding will be good for me, and good for the horses.
- Complete Couch to 5K (again) and complete a 5K. I finished the whole 9-week C25K program last summer and promptly stopped jogging once I got a job. I don’t really enjoy running, but I definitely enjoy it if there’s some kind of end game like a 5K. (Plus, t-shirts!)
- Compete in a recognized event with Gina. This goal is a little trickier, as I don’t have a trailer to haul myself to shows. The only recognized event in Oklahoma is a 2 hour drive away; the closest events in Texas are 5+ hours away. I don’t want to ask a friend to haul me that far and none of my friends have bumper-pull trailers. However, Johnny and I are diligently planning for horse trailer acquisition soon.
- Enjoy the wedding process. I’m a party person. I’m a people person. I’m thrilled at the prospect of celebrating the Kentucky Derby with friends and family. But I’ve done a terrible job of enjoying the process of planning the wedding. Between now and May 2, I want to become more involved, think of it more positively, and be grateful that I get to have such a cool wedding.