Instead of reading articles on all the various factors that can result in early embryonic death, I’m assuming Gina will have a totally normal pregnancy and give birth to a totally normal foal. That totally normal foal will need a name, so I’ve been carefully considering what I will call this horse.
I’ve always used my horses’ registered names as their show names and used the barn names they came with. This is the first time that the responsibility for a name falls on me!
I’d love to hear your suggestions for names; isn’t this the most fun part of a baby horse? Some relevant info:
- The foal will be registered with Oldenburg North America. Per their website, they have no strict rules on naming foals, but recommend choosing a name that starts with the first letter of the sire’s name.
- The sire’s name is Mannhattan.
- The dam’s name is Kimberly K.
- The foal has roughly equal chances of being bay or gray.
- I’d like to stay with the city theme of the sire’s name, but this isn’t an absolute must.
What would you name this foal?