How to have a terrible dressage ride
I headed to the barn on Saturday after sending Johnny an amazing Valentine.
|Ten year old kid supervising the jumping Friday.|
- 35 mph wind gusts
- Barn sounding as if it may blow down at any moment
- Saddle pads drying on rail flapping continuously
- Giant jolly ball that lives in corner of arena blowing around arena
- Barn owner showing up halfway through ride to replace broken skylights above stalls
- Barn owner’s father climbing onto roof
- Barn owner’s father dropping pieces of broken skylight down into barn
- Barn owner’s fiance drilling…something
- Recently arrived stray puppies whining constantly
While I had a very terrible dressage ride, I did have a nice Valentine’s Day: we went grocery shopping, took advantage of buy one, get one free burritos at Qdoba, ate some macarons in a parking lot, and I fell asleep on the sofa while Johnny finally got to play X-COM. We’re very romantic.