Confession time: I have never ridden my horse while wearing a pair of headphones and listening to music.
I keep meaning to bring a pair out to the barn, but inevitably forget. Solution? I found a second pair, stuffed them in my barn tote, and am going to keep them there.
So here’s where I need some help from my fellow equestrians: What songs are you jamming to when you’re doing long trot sets or working on establishing a rhythmic canter? What helps you warm up? Cool down?
I’ve put together a tentative playlist, most of it borrowing heavily from my jogging playlist.
In case you can’t see the embedded playlist, here’s a text list:
- “A Hard Lesson To Learn” by Shooter Jennings
- “Jah No Partial” by Major Lazer (featuring Flux Pavilion)
- “Celeste” by Ezra Vine
- “F%#k You (I’m Famous)” by Shooter Jennings
- “Oceans & Streams” by The Black Keys
- “Tennessee Waltz” by Sam Cooke
- “Spirit In The Sky” by Norman Greenbaum
- “Amidinine” by Bombino
- “Oklahoma Hills” by Hank Thompson
- “Core And Ride” by Andrew Bird’s Bowl of Fire
- “Go To Sleep” by The Avett Brothers
- “Heavy metal drummer” by Wilco
- “Generals” by The Mynabirds
- “What You Know” by T.I.
- “Bring Em Home (Gold Jacket Remix)” by D.Veloped
- “Money Maker” by Young Jeezy
- “Easy” by Deer Tick
- “Supermassive Black Hole” by Muse