Tell me about your schooling shows!
Coordinating schooling shows is most of what I do as a board member of Green County Dressage; I’m always curious to know how other organizations manage their shows and get perspectives from riders, volunteers, and other organizers. So, blogland, tell me about schooling shows you’re part of in any capacity!
- Do your shows have a limit on how many entries they accept?
- Do your shows charge an office fee? How much is it?
- What time do your shows start?
- Dressage people, are your lower level tests (e.g. Intro, Training, Western Dressage Intro & Basic) ridden in the small (20 x 40) ring or the large (20 x 60) ring?
- If you volunteer, what’s your favorite thing to do?
- Is online entry offered? Can you email your entries to the show secretary?
- What’s your #1 pet peeve at schooling shows?
Don’t feel like you have to answer every single question, or that you have to be a dressage rider (or an English rider) to participate! Some things are universal (has any horse show ever run on time?)!