Amanda of The $900 Facebook Pony wants to know: What weird horse stuff do you have lurking in your purse?
Oh man. I have so much horse stuff lurking in my purse. ‘Purse’ is a bit of a stretch, I suppose, since I typically carry an open-top LL Bean Boat & Tote bag. It’s large and very convenient. Too warm to wear my jacket home? Into the bag! Need to take SmartPaks to the barn? Into the bag! Taking an extra Nalgene bottle today? Into the bag! Stopped at the grocery store to pick up something for dinner? I don’t need a bag, thanks- I brought my own!
Horse-related, I’ve got:
- Scored dressage tests from last weekend
- Blank copies of those dressage tests (for memorizing)
- A loose ring slow twist snaffle
- Guter Sitz Sit Tite Spray
- A longe line
- A copy of the latest USDF Connection
- The horses’ Coggins tests (I keep meaning to make copies at work)
- My trailer logbook (kitten notebook toward the bottom)
- Lucky Braids handy salve
- A tape measure
Every other month or so (or when there are so many things in there that I have to dig around to find my keys), I’ll clean it out to just my planner, my water bottle, and my wallet. But sooner or later, it fills up again!