Beka at The Owls Approve asks us: Let’s continue pretending that horse poop magically transforms into money instead of the other way. So money doesn’t matter. If you could buy anything for your horse, what would you buy?
I suppose a new horse trailer isn’t really for the horses. Thinking about what Moe and Gina might want, the list is fairly minimal. They have lots of things, and I don’t think they care one bit that their blankets used to belong to other horses or that their saddles weren’t custom made. So here’s what they’d get if I had unlimited funds:
|All Gina wants is for Moe to leave her alone.|
- Neue Schule Verbindend bit for dressage, so her current loose ring can stay on the jumping bridle.
- Ogilvy half pad for dressage, because I like my dressage saddle and have zero desire to jack with custom saddlery. The saddle fits her pretty well, but the half pad might shift it from “pretty well” to “very well”.
- Lightweight blanket, because Princess Gina prefers to never be chilly.
- Lifetime supply of German Horse Muffins.
|All Moe wants is all the jumps, all the time.|
- Lifetime supply of Uncle Jimmy’s Squeezy Buns.
- Schockemöhle Ashford bridle, because his tiny, cob-sized head deserves a pretty bridle for all the schooling dressage shows on his schedule this summer. (Well, and the kids who lesson on him deserve better.)
- Perfect Sit of Sweden Jump Off Revolution bridle, because dear god does this horse need a flash when he’s jumping/trail riding/hacking out. The ancient HDR figure-8 is too stretched out to fit his small head; I like the look of this bridle and I think my rubber reins would match the chestnut color.
There are many things I can think of for myself, but I really think my horses are pretty happy the way they are! They’re also ridiculously low-maintenance. But the lifetime treat supplies would go a long way toward improving their quality of life. 😉