Breeches have come a long way in the last couple of decades. Fabric has been upgraded to be more dirt and water repellent, more breathable, and more comfortable. Velcro closures at the ankles have been almost universally replaced by smooth elasticized fabric. There are a range of styles to suit every body type.
But my favorite upgrade by far is the availability of colors and patterns that completely allow me to go wild with my schooling (and schooling show) attire. Here, I’ve rounded up some of my favorites:
From left to right, you’re looking at:
- Equine Couture Schooner breeches
- Euro-Star Laura Infinity breeches
- Kerrits Flow Rise Performance Tights in Berry Mirage
- B Vertigo Julia High Waist breeches
- Montar Bridget Brown Leopard breeches
Even solid-colored breeches have become more exciting!
From left to right:
- B Vertigo Xandra breeches
- Montar Emilie breeches
- Horze Supreme Grand Prix self patch breeches
- Pikeur Latina Grip breeches
- TuffRider Neon breeches
- Euro-Star Dynamic Grip breeches
- HKM Paris Bloom breeches
Do you have a favorite? Are you in the “if you can put it on, you can pull it off” or “dear god, why would you?” camp?