As 2015 draws to a close, I realize that I’m feeling pretty good about how the year went.
- I buy hand-gallop.com.
- I was elected membership chair of Green Country Dressage! By virtue of being the only person who understands the internet, I was also elected to create and manage their website.
- I spent most of the month trapped in the indoor and had some terrible dressage rides.
- I traveled to Austin, TX and met several wonderful bloggers and ponies!
- Gina celebrates her 18th birthday. I can assure you she is delighted to be able to buy cigarettes and vote.
- I receive my super fabulous wedding hat!
- I think about retiring Moe because he’s old and I’m afraid of pushing him too hard. But Moe and happy and healthy, so I start tentatively planning a show campaign.
- Johnny and I get married in what I like to think of as our best Kentucky Derby party yet.
- Moe celebrates his 20th birthday by eating macarons and Squeezy Buns at the wedding.
- Hand Gallop moves to its own domain!
- Johnny starts riding Moe, struggles to find riding breeches.
- Gina and I make our First Level debut, which was basically a disaster.
- Moe goes to his first horse trial in a long time. Our dressage has improved since the last time we went to one, but the lack of a course map, an unmowed XC course, and a rail in stadium mean we end up in last place. But we had fun!
- I designed a new logo for the USEA’s Area V Adult Riders!
- HORSE TRAILER IS PURCHASED!
- I take a dressage lesson with Claudia Misner, who lets me know I’m cutting Gina way too much slack!
- I test ride a Sommer Esprit dressage saddle and promptly begin scheming about how I can afford to buy it. (HAHAHA, I can’t.)
- Moe and I go to Gallery Farm for a combined test. Our dressage score is about the same as it was in August, but our jumping is ON POINT. Except for the jump I missed. Whatever.
- I take a dressage lesson with Aaron Wilson, who helps me realize that Moe mirrors whatever I’m doing.
- I run the Tulsa Oktoberfest 5K!
- I run the Rock The Mock 5K!
- Gina and I join our friends for Harvard Fox Hounds’ Opening Hunt! Gina behaves perfectly while I have too much port.
- I celebrate my 29th birthday!
- Gina and I go hunting again, but she tweaks a hind leg and is lame for a few days.
- Because Gina is lame, I take Moe to the hunter pace. He jumps everything in sight and our team wins!
- I take home a bedraggled kitten from work and name him Uncle Jimmy. (Uncle Jimmy’s doing great, by the way!)
- Johnny and I visit my family for Thanksgiving and transport a foxhound back to Oklahoma.
- I do a little Black Friday shopping and purchase a breeding to Mannhattan, an Oldenburg stallion!
- Gina and I go sans friends to Christmas Hunt, which is the most exciting, fun hunt yet! Unfortunately, Gina bruises her heel and is very, very lame.
- It’s Equestrian Blogger Gift Exchange time! I send Karley at All In a present, and Jen from Cob Jockey sends me a flask!
2015 has been a great year! It’s brought new experiences like foxhunting, and I’m grateful for the lessons I was able to take with some great trainers. I’m thrilled about the horse trailer, because it means that 2016 can be bigger and better than this year was!